Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm Alive Aug 14, 2009

Well, i am sorry for the lack of communication the past couple weeks. As i am sure you can guess, things have been crazy hahaha... well i might as well tell you right off the bat, i am back in the office. Its okay though, i am excited to work with President Hoer, he is an awesome man. I was able to make it out of the office for a little over a month, but i am back in! it will be fun to help out in a different ways.

Oh ya, so i moved to Taichung. It is really far away from where i was. I was just in FengShan, the typhoon hit there so bad. Crazy Crazy! My companion and I were running around every where trying to help out. We tried to get a sandbagging crew put together, but no one had any sand bags. So it was pretty sad to just see the water fill up in peoples houses and not be able to do anything about it. Don't worry it was really safe, we were not anywhere in the mountains. Luckily, we do not have any missionaries that live up in the mountains. Really though, we are okay, not a really big deal. I have got some really cool videos though.

Shortly after the typhoon started to leave, i got a call informing me that i was to report back to the office. i was a little sad at first, but i am really glad to be able to help out.

Because of the flooding it was so hard to get from FengShan to TaiChung. Normally the trip would take about 3 hours on the train, but there was some flooding over the tracks and some bridges got washed away. So i had to change trains 4 times and them i had to get on 2 buses that transfered me to different train stops. It took 7 hours to get here. I am happy to be here. I have been here since Monday.

from now on i will be emailing on saturday. That is the preparation day that president has set aside for us.

I love my mission! This is just another opportunity to serve in a different capacity. President Hoer is hoping that i can help out a lot, since I know the Kaohsiung mission. Ideally, this will make the merge better.

Well I love you all. Thank you for all the emails. Sorry I don't have time to write each one of you. I only get an hour if that. In the office, we get so busy that sometimes we can only find 10 minutes to write.

Love,
Elder Anderson

No comments: