Friday, November 21, 2008

Hello

Thanks for the emails this week. Although it wasn't enjoyable to read about Grandpa passing on, I am glad that he is able to rest and be free from pain and the troubles of this world. Its no fun being this far away from you all, especially after finding out about Grandpa, but I know what I am doing is important and that this is where the Lord needs me to be at this time. I hope you are all doing okay.

Whenever someone passes on my mind always travels to the Book of Job. When Job posed the question "If a man dies doeth he live again?" I think this is a question we all ponder at some point. Being a missionary gives me a lot of time to think about questions like this. And I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt in my mind that the answer to Job's question is "YES!" I know that we all, through the power of Jesus Christ, will live again. Despite how sad it is when someone as amazing and loveable as Grandpa passes, in the grand perspective everything will be okay. There is a scripture in Psalms that I have always found comfort in. I may have shared it before, it says "Be still and know that I am God." I know that God loves each and everyone of us and that the path that he has prepared for us individually is for our own benefit and betterment. I want you all to know that I also love each and everyone of you. I hope you have a great week! Let us all press on in the strength of the Lord!

Love,

Elder Craig Anderson

No comments: