Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June 9, 2009

A picture of one of the clearest days i have ever seen in Taiwan!
I don't know if i have ever told you all about the random fireworks that get light off over here. Somedays you will be biking down the street and all of the sudden things will start exploding all around you. I am starting to get used to it, but the other day I honestly thought the Bloods and the Crips had started a turf war and I was stuck in the middle. Of course my companion who is a native was probably wondering why in the world I dove underneath an empty dumpster and curled up in the fetal position. They don't have guns over here so when they hear fireworks they think " oh fireworks!" or as they would think in chinese "ah! qing chang hong hang bang bing bong su ran pao" (And yes that is all one word). But of course being an American I hear loud bangs and 2 thoughts go through my head the 1st "Is it hunting season?" If the answer is yes, then everything is ok. If the answer is no, then of course the next natural reaction is to curl up in a ball and hide. hahaha...
so if you are wondering whether or not i really did curl up underneath a dumpster or not, the answer is no i didn't not. but only because there aren't any dumpsters here. They recycle everything so they won't put dumpsters out on the street because if they do people will use them. But the other day i almost really did get a bottle rocket to the face. That was fun. Just like old times.
Love you all,
Elder Craig Anderson
PS – stay away from fireworks!

No comments: